Did you know you can make a dairy-free ice cream cake in only 10 minutes with 4 ingredients?
Did you know it has almost no added sugars, and it’s vegan and gluten-free? Did you know it’s almost healthy enough to eat for breakfast?
It’s so easy it’s laughable.
I’ve already mentioned my obsession with banana. Well, why not? Loaded with potassium and fibre, bananas are an excellent way to add sweetness and moisture to your baked goods. Stock up, people! Buy the over-ripe ones at the grocery store and send them straight to your freezer. You’ll be glad you did.
Dairy products are generally a no-go for me, so finding alternatives that taste amazing is a must. Not only do I need to absolutely love them, but they need to taste fantastic to everyone else too. What’s the point of making a dessert if I’m the only one that likes it?
Well, I guess I don’t have to share 😉
But as a personal rule, my dishes must appeal to everyone. I specifically test my recipes on people whose diets are completely different than my own. With so many varying diets and food intolerances these days, you need to have options so everyone is included.
This ice-cream cake combines three classic flavours: peanut butter, chocolate and banana. You probably already have these ingredients in your house, and with 10 minutes prep you really can’t go wrong.
Children and adults alike will love the chocolate drizzle and crunchy peanut topping. You’ll love the easy-peasy prep. It’s beautiful enough for a party, a barbecue, or a Tuesday night treat. With so much fibre and protein, you could even have it for breakfast. It’s surprisingly filling, so a little goes a long way.
- 6 bananas, frozen
- ½ cup plus 2 TB all natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 TB crushed peanuts
- Add bananas to food processor and blend. When the bananas start to become smooth and close to the consistency of soft serve, add the peanut butter. Process until smooth.
- Pour into an 8-inch springform pan and smooth over the top. Freeze for at least one hour or overnight.
- Topping: Take out the cake. Run the edges briefly under hot water to help remove the ring of the springform. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 40 seconds and drizzle over top of the cake. Sprinkle on crushed peanuts. Place the cake back in the freezer for about 5 minutes to harden the chocolate.
- Remove from freezer for 5-10 minutes to soften it before serving. A knife dipped in warm water helps the slicing process.